Wednesday, May 13, 2009

expectations

Continuing in the same vein as yesterday....

When I started h/s'ing Niles, I had a general idea of what it would be like. I was both right & wrong. It is easier & harder than you'd think. As is true of most things. I've learned that right now, I need to be more organized or we lose focus. Niles would just as soon make lego Halo guns all day then do work. While using legos is an actual learning experience, it isn't helping him with division.

I found out I'm very anemic currently so that's why I'm so exhausted. Without having things written down, in terms of where we are & where we are going, I think I'd be lost. Setting concrete goals is important. I sor of muddled through a bit at first. Figuring we'd get to everything w/o a notion of how that would work. Which might have been ok w/a more motivated student. But I don't have that so I work w/what I got.

No comments: