Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Farmer's Market


We went to the Raleigh Farmer's Market with our good friend Heather & her daughter Cambree this morning. I'm not posting the picture I took of them at lunch or Heather will kill me. But we did have a great time! Elie loves all the fresh fruit! Luca does too, but is often too shy to take pieces from the vendors w/o some help from me. We got some fresh salsa, tomatoes, peaches, blackberries, honey & some hot sauce for Dad. When we got home, we talked about the small tomato seeds vs. the large peach pit/seed. Very cool! As you can see, the boys had fun being silly too, with Luca pushing Niles around a bit in the stroller as Elie, who was sitting in my lap at the time,cracked up.


2 comments:

Charlie said...

I enjoy going to the farmer's market. Nicole mainly likes sampling whatever she can as long as it doesn't look "yucky". The vendors are friendly and seem to really enjoy talking about the stuff they are selling. I also like buying local and supporting the little guy/gal.

Unknown said...

I agree! They opened another one a bit closer to my house that I want to check out this week before we head to Michigan. An acquaintance of ours owns a small used bookstore in the same area too.