Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Progress

We started a new reading program [me & Luca]. ABeCeDarian - and it is working much better. I'm very pleased with the progress he's made in a week. He's definitely more interested & it starts on making words out of the sounds right away. So he can sound out mop, sat & tap already! I said, "Luca, you read those words!" And he said, "I did? Hey, I DID!" Very cool!

Luca is progressing rapidly through math now. I started w/Sinapore's early K books & we finished both of those & are now doing the K book A. We are zipping right along & it's giving him more confidence, since he 'knows' some of this already. I like how the present the info in this series. It's a good fit for us.

Niles is reading The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman. His teacher,from the co-op, who he read Tom Sawyer with, recommended it. He started reading it on the way home from the book store. I thought that was very cool!

He also had a light go on re: fractions this week. I sat down with him and he got it pretty quickly that way.

No comments: