Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day

School started today at our house. And a good day it was. :) Luca surprised me - he finished a whole workbook [only 30 pages but still] of identifying differences in groups [ smaller, bigger, shorter, smaller, which one is different, etc]. And then went on to do about 10 pages in another workbook which is working on numbers. He did 1-5. I was impressed.

Niles did good as well. He read the lesson on teeth out loud to Luca. We talked about & identified the different types of teeth we have& why some people need braces [in case you are wondering all three of the boys have been cursed w/my teeth & will be needing braces. Nate's top set are already on]. We also are working on an experiment about plaque, using a hard boiled egg & coke. The experiment can be found here. Since the boys all have their 6 month check up this month, this is a great build up to next week, and it will be a hands on field trip. haha! The boys are terrible about brushing their teeth long enough, twice a day, the whole nine yards, so I'm hoping that this experiment will inspire them a bit. Guess I'll have to wait & see.

Hopefully tomorrow goes as smoothly. It is Luca's birthday though, so I'm not sure how much he'll get done. I can't believe he's going to be 6!

No comments: